Friday, July 25, 2008

Sew Much Fun!

Every day, there's a new inspiration, something new I want to sew, quilt, create! I long for the day when I have an actual sewing room, but until then, I sit on my couch, using the coffee table, & play with fabric as often as possible!
Just a little about me...I'm a single mom (currently on disability, but hoping not to be for much longer!) of a 12 & a half year old home schooled daughter, Hannah, who also loves to sew, but I don't let her play with my new machine without supervision yet!
(Not until I find the manual & teach her everything she'll need to know!)
I've always loved to sew, & always made things out of fabric, since I was quite young, & am now finally venturing out into selling the things I'm making, in my attempts to get off disability doing something from home I love that my health limitations can handle...I also do massage, when I'm physically up to it, & hope to one day open a little business incorporating both quilting & massage, called "Heavenly Hands~Quilting & Massage Studio~"
I'm also currently a raw foodist, which is totally restoring my health, slowly but surely, & most important of all, am a disciple, follower, & lover of Jesus Christ!
...& who are you? Feel free to leave me a comment!
{Did I mention I love comments? *grin*}

1 comment:

zuzu said...

Hi Anastazia! =^..^=

Just discovered your blog thru Raw Fu ... and had to check it out! Oh boy!

What fun it is to begin a new adventure ::sigh:: and being in business for oneself is a whole new kind. ::Eep:: it will frustrate you and delight you all in the same minute at times! Besides illustration, I create tiny teddy bears (and other creatures) that live in an enchanted world within ours. On occasion I part with them.

Have you heard of a wonderful little place called, etsy? Your treasures would be perfectly matched for that venue. You can set up a tiny online shop (FREE!) with all sorts of incredible perks. You give your 'store' a name, make categories and create a banner, decide on shipping costs, price your item, then list it for the public to find. Repeat.

Etsy charges 20-cents to "list" an item and a small percentage of the sale price is taken at the sale. Everything else is up to you! .::poof::magic::. people come visiting to buy! It's a great way to gain exposure. (you can direct people to your blog too!)

It's a fun place even just to research things ... Maybe you can look at the sellers with quilt-type items to give you an idea of pricing (I find that always helps me to see what others are doing.)

Best of luck with your ::wishes:: & ::dreams::
Anastazia, you can do it! You can!

=^..^= love, zU

PS. You asked...
How to make a link go live:

<*a href=><*/a>

First, REMOVE both of the *stars* on the above (I had to place them there or it would launch) ... Now, type the URL after the equal sign =HERE>< ... (for example type: http://www.sewthankful.blogspot.com) ... Then, between the arrows >< pointing to one another, type what you want your link to read (example: My New Blog) which will be the clickable part!

For your blog it will look like this:

<*a href=http://www.sewthankful.blogspot.com>My New Blog<*/a>

Just remember to REMOVE the stars!